O’Neill Sea Odyssey Finance Manager
The O’Neill Sea Odyssey program is looking for an experienced nonprofit finance professional to manage the day-to-day finances of the organization. The Full-Charge Bookkeeper works in collaboration with the Management Team and is responsible for all the financial aspects of the organization including budgeting, reporting, accounts payable and receivable and grant tracking. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the environment, have experience with class-based nonprofit accounting, have prior success monitoring grants and be willing to work as a member of a team.
- This position reports to the OSO Executive Director, it is an exempt, full-time, benefited position. Flexible work environment, with a typical schedule Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Limited weekend work as negotiated.
- This position primarily occurs in an upstairs office environment. If you would require accommodation, please apply and we can discuss if selected for an interview.
- Paid PTO, medical, vision, dental, 401k and flexible health spending account available.
- Office is located at the OSO Education Center at the Santa Cruz Harbor.
- The compensation range for this position is $30 to $35 per hour.
About O’Neill Sea Odyssey:
O’Neill Sea Odyssey (OSO) is a local ocean education nonprofit 501(c)3 based in the Santa Cruz Harbor in Santa Cruz, California. O’Neill Sea Odyssey’s mission is to provide a hands-on educational experience to encourage the protection and preservation of our living sea and communities. OSO serves primarily 4th through 6th grade students onboard a 65-foot catamaran sailing Monterey Bay and at its Shoreside Education Center in the Santa Cruz Harbor. Students are taught NGSS and Common Core-aligned marine science concepts and ocean stewardship ethics. The program is entirely free and each class completes a community service project to contribute to the flourishing of their home watershed. The majority of students served have never been on the ocean and Monterey Bay in their lives.
For More Information:
The O’Neill Sea Odyssey encourages individuals regardless of their diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or identity to apply. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.